Saturday, April 14, 2007

How does one choose the special person?

I have been thinking about this question for a while and did ask a few people about the same, * I want something different*, *It can't be put into words, but he should be of my type* were some of the common replies. So it was clear that in majority of the cases, the choice is more of subjective nature rather than pinpointed objectivity! Fair enough!!!

So what are these underlying factors which people die to look for in the special person for months, years! Based on my dedicated research, there are four underlying trends upon which the special person is chosen:

1. Halo Effect: There is a single attribute on which a person is chosen and all other attributes are not considered either.
e.g. I want to marry a person who is extremely good looking irrespective of any other positive/negative attributes.

2. Weighted Average Method: The person assigns a certain weight to each attribute of the personality, and then he/she assigns the ranks on each attribute to the other person, takes the weighted average and if the weighted average hits a certain minimum, then the person is like, “Voila!”
The rank assigning process has been gorily painted in terms of numeric in this example, Mind you; it does not happen in that much of a quantitative bend of mind! But it’s more of a qualitative nature, where a person factors in various attributes in his/her mind as follows: The other person is not very tall, but never mind, he is very humorous.

3. Cutoff Method: There are various attributes like education, income etc (varies from person to person), that he/she decides to consider for the special person. And just like CAT exam, where you need to score a minimum cutoff on three sections, the person sees whether the special person scores a minimum on the defined attributes or not! If he/she scores the minimum requirement, then through!

4. Gut Feeling: Utmost nature of subjectivity, purely a decision by gut feeling! Something of the nature, “The reason for choosing a special man can not be described in words or numbers”
_________________________________________________________________
Did I miss anything?

3 comments:

P said...

Well written :)

Why I chose my man? Someone who would let me be 'ME' and still make me 'HIS'

Anonymous said...

I think u deserve a 10/10 for this blog. Extremely well thought n well written.
Even i have been thinking of this for a while now was unable to put it in words..
But i really feel that if a person wants to be happy in all fronts of life (personal, family, professional, social) he needs his life partner to be extremely loving , understanding n this is where most of the deserving candidates fail to impress me.
But nevermind m still young n can wait for my “Mr.Right” (hopelessly optimistic :P )
N yeah last but not the least I fit into the cutoff category…and here is a lil advice for
all the girls waiting for their “ knight in shining armour” n for all the guys who are waiting for their Cinderella or snowwhite, life is not a fairytale :P
Cutoff category people will have to wait for a longer time to find their respective
Special person.

Anonymous said...

chalo lemme give u some more replies:

from girls:

> my parents will look out one for me.
(still wondering whose gonna get married)

> he should be loving,caring,understanding.
(what about the do waqt ki roti question)

> rich rich rich
(compulsive disorder)

> should belong to my nationality,my race,my religion,my language..
( has been given the previlage of birth by choice)

> he should be highly qualified.
(so what if i m barely 8th pass)

> good looks, good looks, good looks.
( do they actually last long???????????)

from boys:

>she should be sexy,hot,charming,admirable.
(show piece??)

> our frequencies should match.
(radio station , is it??)

> should be interested in sports, bikes,gizmos,should booze at times too.
( are u sure u marrying a girl????????????)

> should respect my parents,treat them as her own,should love them very very much,should mingle with my family.
(u mean u marrying a vamp from "k" soaps who may probably lack these basic qualities!!)

well all of us happen to look of for some of the above features..was just piece of fun.. not meant to be taken as seriously .
......anamika

Add to Technorati Favorites